Not surprisingly, the ultimate success of personal training is all about the ‘personal’ aspect of a member’s training sessions. And every fitness trainer worthy of his/her certifications and credentials understands and delivers on that tenet.
What should anyone reasonably expect from a personal trainer?
- Every personal trainer should be certified by a reputable organization, be experienced in the training process and understand what to expect from his or her clients. Advanced education, such as Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees, is a sign of professionalism.
- Trainer will make time to assess a prospective client’s initial needs, strengths, weaknesses.
- Trainer will develop a plan/program to work toward specific, measurable goals in a specific time frame, which are relevant and achievable for the client. Could be weight loss; might be overall physical conditioning.
- Trainer will provide instruction in proper exercise techniques, understanding of biomechanics.
- Trainer will actively engage with client during time together, offer appropriate cuing and provide constructive feedback.
- Trainer will offer motivation, inspiration, while educating client in nutrition, recovery methods.
- Trainer will offer ongoing/continuing education in areas of weakness/interest.
Sierra Fitness, a Tucson destination gym, is located in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains and near to a diverse array of boutique-style, independent shops, small businesses and dining options. Plus practical errand destinations such as grocery store, dry cleaners, shipping center.